Mapping the county’s food network is the theme of the Local Food Forum to be held 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 23 at Kent State Ashtabula.
The program is:
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., speakers:
- Abbe Turner, Lucky Penny Farm & Creamery
- Nate Fagnilli, Na*Kyrsie Meats, Crosswinds Grille
- Courtney Johnson, Community Harvest Food Hub
- Carmen Kuula & Ryan Helms, Ashtabula County Community Action Agency
- Dianna Bradbury, Country Neighbor Program
- Michael Hamper III is facilitator for the event
A group session will follow from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., with “mapping the food system” as the theme. Boxed lunches ($12 each) will be available for purchase starting at 12:15 p.m. Lunches are catered by Crosswinds Grille.
The group sessions continue from 1 to 2 p.m., with the theme “identifying gaps in our food system.”
“We invite you to assist us in this process, as we convene a Food Forum to explore the existing system. We will be documenting all elements of the system, including contacts, locations and scope. All who are interested in local foods and developing our food network are invited to attend,” states promotional literature for the event.
There are three ways to register:
Mail: Ashtabula Local Food Council, PO Box 168, Dorset OH 44032 (deadline Feb. 16)